Friday, July 15, 2011

Epic!

Harry Potter was the very first chapter book I have ever read. I hated reading before my 7th grade English teacher introduced Harry Potter to us, and made it fun with her creative assignments to go along with it. Since then I have loved, loved, LOVED reading! Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart. Because of that first book I have grown to love so many others! I only wish I had more time on my hands to read more often!

So my childhood has officially closed. I now officially feel like an adult. (Not only for the fact that Harry Potter has come to an end, but also for the fact that on the same day I had to deal with banks and other companies, because I discovered that someone had somehow gotten a hold of my account information, and was spending my money!! But even that couldn't bring me down from the excitement of the night's festivities.) The only thing left to make me feel like a little kid now will be future trips to Disneyland...



This week my best friend of 18 years, Jonna, and I spent hours watching the first 7 movies, refreshing our minds, emotions, and excitement in preparation for this dramatic ending. We also made shirts, she re-read the 7th book, and I refreshed through sparknotes, (as that was all time would permit without neglecting school and work duties. Oh how I wish I had time to re-read the books!) We were able to get pre-screening tickets, and absolutely savored the fact that here we were at 7pm just parking and walking past 1,000s of others who had been waiting in line practically the entire day. We walked straight passed them all, straight into the theatre, sat, watched, enjoyed, laughed and cried over this epic final movie of our childhood. And then 2 hours later we again walked passed all those other fans still in the exact same spot, still waiting to see the movie. It was an amazing feeling to avoid those lines, but at the same time I was a bit jealous that they were all seeing it without me. Part of me wished I had gotten midnight tickets as well so I could watch it again!


It was so goodI The best of all the movies. The actors had really grown up. They finally knew what they were doing and it showed. The director for the last 2 movies I think did an amazing job, everything was perfect! Well as perfect as it could be with the information the other movies had given. (If you have not read the books you are seriously missing out! The movies are great, but the books are...I cannot even think of a word fantastic enough to describe the books!)

Normally I'm not the type to share little details about things I absolutely love. I don't like hearing peoples comments on if they agree with my "immaturity" or not, or whatever it might be. In the past I've hidden the fact that I love Harry Potter. Select people knew that I liked Harry Potter, but few knew how much. I didn't want to be known as another Harry Potter geek. Then I went on my mission and I truly found who I am. I'm comfortable with myself, I love who I am, and I'm proud to share my ridiculous quarks and desires. I no longer care what others think of me, I am who I am. I think this week was the first time ever that I have publicly and constantly announced my love and excitement for Harry Potter. And I seriously think it made the whole experience that much more magically and fun.



Like I said on my FB status... Thanks for the journey Harry Potter! It's has truly been amazing!

3 comments:

jonnajack said...

Well said! Currenly working on my own blog post for Harry Potter :) Oh the joys and the sorrows of the series. Gonna miss it all!

jonnajack said...

Currently*

Clarissa B. said...

LOL your so funny! Im glad you had a good time! I agree, making shirts and talking about how excited you are makes it so much more fun! and duh! of course you should be embarassed about how much you like harry potter- everbody does!